Stay in Ireland's most beautiful historic houses & intimate venues
Killarney, Co. Kerry
Coolclogher House built in 1746 is a historic manor house set on a 68 acre walled estate near Killarney on the Ring of Kerry. Luxuriously restored by Mary and Maurice Harnett, Coolclogher has spacious reception rooms and large, comfortable bedrooms with magnificent views over the gardens and pasture to the dramatic mountains of the Killarney National Park.
Ramelton, Co. Donegal
Formerly a rectory, Frewin is a fine Victorian house in mature, wooded grounds on the outskirts of Ramelton, Donegal, skillfully restored and modernised by its current owners, Thomas and Regina Coyle.
Valentia Island, Co. Kerry
Glanleam was built as a linen mill in 1775 and later converted into a house by the Knight of Kerry, who planted the magnificent sub-tropical gardens. In 1975 Meta Kreissig bought the estate which had declined for 50 years.
Kilmokea Country Manor
Campile, Co. Wexford
Kilmokea is a former Georgian rectory, in a quiet, rural location where the Three Sister Rivers, the Suir, Nore and Barrow, meet before flowing out into Waterford Harbour. It’s rightly renowned for its seven acres of award-winning gardens, with a wide range of unusual sub-tropical plants and wonderful organic vegetables.
The Burren, Co. Clare
One of Hidden Ireland’s historic houses, Mount Vernon, County Clare, has received a prestigious César award – the Oscars of the hotel industry – from the Good Hotel Guide, the leading independent guide to hotels of character and quality in Great Britain and Ireland.
Ballymote, Co. Sligo
Temple House is one of the finest estates in the west of Ireland. The great house, which was remodeled in 1864, nestles in a wooded demesne, looking out over the Templars’ castle and Templehouse Lake.
The Quay House
Clifden, Co. Galway
Perched on the edge of Clifden Harbour, The Quay House is just minutes from the centre of this vibrant, engaging town. Dating from 1820, it is Clifden’s oldest house, originally built for the harbour master. It later became a Franciscan monastery and, subsequently, a convent.