Stay in Ireland's most beautiful historic houses & intimate venues
Kilmallock, Co. Limerick
Ash Hill has a long and established history in the heart of South Central Ireland. Set in a large, wooded estate, Ash Hill has been lovingly restored with attention to detail.
Fermoy, Co. Cork
Originally built in 1728, Ballyvolane House is a magical house surrounded by woods, vast gardens and parkland. The house has a charming, peaceful and homely atmosphere. There are three trout lakes and the huge gardens are impeccably maintained by Jeremy Green. Jeremy and his late wife Merrie, a fly-fishing expert, first opened their home as luxurious country house accommodation for fishermen about twenty-five years ago, and it now run by their son Justin and his wife Jenny.
Castlerea, Co. Roscommon
Clonalis House is the ancestral home of the O’Conor family, direct descendants of Ireland’s last High King and traditional Kings of Connacht. The family has lived on this heavily wooded 700 acre estate on the banks of the River Suck for more than 1,000 years–an achievement unrivaled elsewhere in Ireland.
Killarney, Co. Kerry
Coolclogher House built in 1746 is a historic manor house set on a 68 acre walled estate near Killarney on the Ring of Kerry. Luxuriously restored by Mary and Maurice Harnett, Coolclogher has spacious reception rooms and large, comfortable bedrooms with magnificent views over the gardens and pasture to the dramatic mountains of the Killarney National Park.
Kanturk, Co. Cork
Glenlohane is a house of great character, comfort and tranquillity. It contains furniture and memorabilia that reflect the family’s two and a half centuries of residence. In a parkland setting overlooking terraced lawns, the house is surrounded by stately trees and the rolling fields of the 250 acre farm.
Clones, Co. Monaghan
Hilton Park is one of Ireland’s great surviving houses. Located less than two hours drive from both Dublin and Belfast amidst the unspoilt rolling hills of the Monaghan/ Fermanagh border, the house itself is set majestically within five hundred acres of woodland, gardens and lakes.
Lorum Old Rectory
Bagenalstown,, Co. Carlow
Dating from 1863, Lorum Old Rectory sits beneath Mount Leinster in the peaceful valley of the River Barrow. Its warm, yellowish, locally cut granite gives it a distinctive and pleasing appearance. The owner, Bobbie Smith, is an enthusiastic hostess, famous for her warm welcome and splendid home baking.
The Curragh, Co. Kildare
Martinstown House is one of the few Irish buildings by the renowned 19th century architect, Decimus Burton. Built in the 1830’s at the edge of The Curragh, this elegant gothic cottage is surrounded by its own miniature park, with delightful woodland and garden views. The interior has been beautifully furnished and decorated.
Ballymote, Co. Sligo
Temple House is one of the finest estates in the west of Ireland. The great house, which was remodeled in 1864, nestles in a wooded demesne, looking out over the Templars’ castle and Templehouse Lake.
Downpatrick, Co. Down
The immortal line of Percy French ‘Where the Mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea’ could well have been written from Tyrella House’s secluded private beach.