Ireland's Ancient East
Ireland’s Ancient East is a region with plenty of historical twists and turns! From Viking invaders and Norman knights to high kings, monks and fleeing emigrants; visit places that boast of great legends, strange tales and mighty battles. Get under the surface of Ireland’s Ancient East by discovering all the many things to see and do in the region. From fishing tours to castles, food festivals to formal gardens, a world of adventure is waiting for you to visit.
From family adventures, quirky experiences and cultural gems – Ireland’s Ancient East has plenty to do on your short break or longer holiday. Check out our suggested list of top things to do below and experience a region rich with intrigue and steeped in history. Ireland’s Ancient East is crammed with wonderful, quirky things to do for the whole family. Whether it’s exploring the eerie dungeons of Wicklow Gaol or zip-lining though the forest in Meath, there are a wealth of unique experiences waiting to be sampled.
Top 10 Things To Do Visiting the Region on Vacation
- Irish National Heritage Park, Wexford.
- Wicklow Gaol, Wicklow
- Carlingford Adventure Centre, Louth
- Cavan Burren Park, Cavan
- Birr Castle Science and Garden Centres, Offaly
- Irish National Stud, Kildare
- Kilkenny Way Ultimate Hurling Experience and Castlecomer Discovery Park, Kilkenny
- Hook Head Lighthouse and Dunbrody Famine Ship, Wexford
- Shandon Bells, English Market and Ballycotton Lighthouse, Cork
- Loughcrew Adventure Centre, Meath